Thursday 6 November 2014

Steampunk Wedding Dress - Bolero/Shrug

About two weeks before the wedding, I felt like my outfit was missing something, that little extra that wraps it all up. So I set out to make a bolero, or as some call it, a shrug.

I made the pattern using an old waistcoat and cotton, and then cut out two sets (one in green silk and one in brown silk) so that I could mix and match the pieces to make it multi coloured. I stiched it all together and added ruffles on both shoulders and ruffles as a collar. Then I stitched on buttons on the front and two on the back, and that was it! Bolero done!
























2 comments:

  1. I <3 your bolero! And the green wool one. One day I will make one... one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my green wool one too! ^_^

      Delete